Your Neighbor George Zimmerman!

Guns in 21st Century America

Gun nuts like George Zimmerman are all over Florida. They can purchase, carry and use their guns with impunity. Reports say George had a least four guns.
A shot gun he allegedly used to threaten his former girlfriend recently. Two pistols and a semi-automatic AR-15 Military style rifle many call an assault weapon, and plenty of ammo for these guns.
We don’t know if Zimmerman still has the 9m semi-auto pistol used to kill Trayvon Martin or not.

In fact most gun enthusiasts don’t want their neighbors to know what and how many guns are in their homes or that they carry some of these weapons on their person throughout Florida. Florida’s laws don’t require this transparently. Personally, I believe we have the right to know.

Recently the Florida Republican law makers reaffirmed the ‘Stand your ground and self-defense laws’ which assures more shootings and killings of innocent people.

Our constitution gives us the right to feel and be safe in our lives. Do you feel as safe as you should and for your family knowing you neighbor could be another George Zimmerman or worse?

Please, check out who is making these Florida laws that keep all of us in danger. Find out why these Legislators and our present Governor protect the gun manufactures, dealers, and the organizations like the NRA who's only interest is making money. Then, vote accordingly.
Bossman1

AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016 writes:

"Just read some of the editorials, blogs, LTE's and comments in our own NDN and you will know what I mean."

You mean like the ones that you routinely contribute, Joe?

AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016 writes:

Once again, we need to take some time to debunk and question many of the untrue statements and rhetorical myths that the author attempts to present as facts in his work of fiction.

"They [gun owners in Florida] can purchase, carry and use their guns with impunity."

Not a true statement. "Impunity" implies exemption from punishment or freedom from the consequences of an action. There are laws that must be followed to legally obtain, own, carry, and use firearms in the State of Florida. Failure to comply with those laws will result in punishment under our legal system. Such punishment is routinely meted out to those who fail to comply.

"Reports say George had a least four guns."

The sources of these alleged reports would be what, specifically?

"Zimmerman is just one of thousands of our neighbors in Florida that have guns and ammo like this and many in a mental state even worse than Zimmerman’s."

The source of your medical information regarding the professional diagnosis of the mental state of Mr. Zimmerman would be what, specifically? Or are you merely offering your uninformed opinion?

"Florida laws allow just about anyone to purchase hundreds of guns and ammo, and no one needs to know...Florida’s laws don’t require this transparently. Personally, I believe we have the right to know."

Not a true statement. Again, there are laws that must be followed to legally obtain a firearm. Furthermore, both the FBI and the ATF track legal purchases of large numbers of weapons by individuals.

What entitlement do you or others have to know who purchases what? And, why stop with just guns? There are thousands of things that people buy that can be dangerous or used as weapons. Should those purchases be made public knowledge, too?

"In fact most gun enthusiasts don’t want their neighbors to know what and how many guns are in their homes or that they carry some of these weapons on their person throughout Florida."

Not a true statement in all cases, merely a generalization based upon an uninformed opinion.

"Our constitution gives us the right to feel and be safe in our lives."

Our Constitution also gives us the right to bear arms.

"Personally I feel sorry for George Zimmerman and the many more like him that our hate filled society is breeding today. Just read some of the editorials, blogs, LTE's and comments in our own NDN and you will know what I mean."

Hate and anger come in all shapes and sizes. You have the brand that you routinely spew, others have the brand that they routinely spew. People like you need to lead by example in your treatment of others, instead of merely whining and crying and criticizing.

bossman1 writes:

in response to AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016:

You mean like the ones that you routinely contribute, Joe?

No, I mean the LTE's you write using a fake name and address.

bossman1 writes:

in response to AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016:

"Reports say George had a least four guns."

The sources of these alleged reports would be what, specifically?

"Our constitution gives us the right to feel and be safe in our lives."

Our Constitution also gives us the right to bear arms.

You can defend Zimmerman today just as you did when he murdered Martin.
You can offer your mindless opinions, it only shows what a fool you are.
Thanks for your comment and play time.

AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016 writes:

in response to bossman1:

No, I mean the LTE's you write using a fake name and address.

More baseless lies from you.

"I mean the LTE's you write using a fake name and address."

I submit LTTE's under my real name, and I own property in Naples. If you think you can prove otherwise, go ahead and try. Until then, you're a liar.

"I mean the failed TP blogs and hatefull comments that come from You, SSM, ANI, and the rest of you bigots."

I've never posted on any Tea Party blog. If you think you can prove otherwise, go ahead and try. Until then, you're a liar.

I don't make bigoted statements. If you think you can prove otherwise, go ahead and try. Until then, you're a liar.

AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016 writes:

in response to bossman1:

You can defend Zimmerman today just as you did when he murdered Martin.
You can offer your mindless opinions, it only shows what a fool you are.
Thanks for your comment and play time.

"You can defend Zimmerman today just as you did when he murdered Martin."

How, specifically, did I defend Zimmerman today?

"You can defend the insane gun laws in Florida that helped take the life of Trayton Martin and many others."

How, specifically, did Florida law help take the life of Trayvon Martin and others?

"You can offer your mindless opinions, it only shows what a fool you are."

I offer my informed and educated opinions in response to the foolish and untrue posts made by people like you.

"Now that we know you confirmed your lie about living in Naples, I feel safer already knowing you arn't a neighbor."

How, specifically, do you believe that I have lied about owning property in Naples? And, how, specifically, do you believe that I confirmed the alleged lie?

You're just spitting out whatever lies you can think to hide the fact that you can't legitimately argue against the truth of my statements.

Cassandra writes:

"I offer my informed amd educated opinions..."

"The truth of my statements..."

Narcissus was so busy leaning over the water and admiring his reflection that he fell in and drowned.

AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016 writes:

in response to Cassandra:

"I offer my informed amd educated opinions..."

"The truth of my statements..."

Hurling inane invective from the shadows takes no intellect and no imagination, compared to actually disputing or debating someone's statement.

For a change, try explaining what you believe to be incorrect or inaccurate about my statement and supporting it with evidence, rather than with just opinion and rhetoric.

Cassandra writes:

in response to AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016:

Gee! All this time I thought your "moonbat", "delusional" and other epithets "hurled" at anyone who disagrees with you were, in fact, inane invective. And, pray tell, what are the "shadows"? Are they represented by your endless screen name that hides your true identity?

You may consider your opinions "informed and educated" but I would wager that you are a minority of one.

AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016 writes:

in response to Cassandra:

Responding in kind to the way that I am approached by others who share your personal political proclivities might appear that way to you, that is understandable.

I have no trouble dealing with others on an adult level if they choose to behave that way themselves.

And, you'd lose that wager.

Cassandra writes:

in response to AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016:

And, you'd lose that wager.

You haven't the slightest idea of my "personal political proclivities". What you do have is a jejune methodology that consigns anyone who sees through you as a "Liberal".

Stop singing your own praises. Adults do not disparage others whereas narcissists do.

AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016 writes:

in response to Cassandra:

Then this forum must surely be chock full of narcissists.

Cassandra writes:

in response to AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016:

Then this forum must surely be chock full of narcissists.

If that's the case then there are few adults here. This would include you.

AmericasTrueRecoveryBeginsIn2016 writes:

in response to Cassandra:

If that's the case then there are few adults here. This would include you.

Your past behavior tends to suggest it would include you, as well.

Your demonstrated personal political proclivities notwithstanding, of course.