Naples police asking for help identifying iPhone thief
Published 3/10/2014 at 2:13 p.m. 1 comment
Naples police are asking for help identifying a woman who they say stole an iPhone last month from a Verizon store.
Doctors: Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
Published 3/10/2014 at 12:13 p.m. 7 comments
Mesac Damas, the North Naples man charged with six counts of first-degree murder in the slaughter of his family, has been found incompetent to proceed by two court-appointed doctors, a State Attorney's Office spokeswoman said Monday.
Ex-deputy Bullock pleads no contest in molestation case, will not serve jail time
Updated 3/10/2014 at 10:22 a.m. 14 comments
Former Collier County Sheriff’s Office deputy Charles Bullock pleaded no contest Monday and will not serve any jail or prison time in connection with allegations of child sex abuse in 2010.
Police Beat: Sunday, March 9, 2014
Published 3/9/2014 at 7:55 p.m. 0 comments
Police Beat: Sunday, March 9, 2014
Collier group forms to combat increasing identity theft problem
Published 3/9/2014 at 7:45 p.m. 0 comments
"There is a groundswell of concern about the different kinds of fraud to which Naples people are being subjected," said Michael Reagen, the former president of the Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce.
Two charged with aggravated assault on Fort Myers police officers
Published 3/9/2014 at 10:50 a.m. 2 comments
Two men were arrested Saturday night and are accused of pointing guns at Fort Myers police officers.
Toddler killed by uncle backing out of Bonita Springs driveway
Updated 3/8/2014 at 8:52 p.m. 1 comment
Saturday turned into a day of mourning for a Bonita Springs family after authorities and friends say Juan De Rios Zavala-Zamarripa accidently backed into his 20-month-old niece with a pickup, killing her.
Fort Myers defense attorney Karen Miller-Maness found dead at home
Published 3/8/2014 at 4:53 p.m. 2 comments
Miller served as an assistant public defender in Lee County, Miami, Tampa and Collier County. In 2012, she ran against Lee Circuit Judge Meg Steinbeck, nearly ousting the longtime incumbent, who won 51 percent to 49 percent.
Officer says US general sexually assaulted her
Published 3/8/2014 at 3:18 p.m. 1 comment
Defense lawyers for an Amy general facing sexual assault charges say his accuser's testimony gave them plenty to challenge as they prepare to cross-examine her on Monday.
Police Beat: Saturday, March 8, 2014
Published 3/8/2014 at 3:04 p.m. 0 comments
Southwest Florida crime report
10 Things to Know: This Week's Takeaways
Published 3/8/2014 at 1:54 p.m. 0 comments
Looking back at the stories to remember from the past week.
Transgender woman sues CrossFit over competition
Published 3/8/2014 at 12:47 p.m. 0 comments
A transgender woman in Northern California has sued the company behind the popular CrossFit workouts for refusing to let her compete in the female division of its annual fitness competitions
Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
Published 3/8/2014 at 11:36 a.m. 0 comments
A pregnant South Carolina woman pointed to the ocean, locked the doors and rolled up the windows, telling her three children she was "trying to take them to a better place" as she drove her minivan into the surf, authorities ...
Deputies searching for Fort Myers 7-Eleven robbery suspect
Published 3/8/2014 at 10:35 a.m. 0 comments
The Lee County Sheriff's Office responded to a robbery on Friday, March 7 at the 7-Eleven on Daniels Parkway in Fort Myers.
Lely residents, developer, community district tussle at property owner meeting
Published 3/7/2014 at 9:09 p.m. 0 comments
Residents had plenty to say Friday at the annual Lely Resort Master Property Owners Association meeting, with tensions running high over an unusual legal dispute between the community's developer and its development district.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Mar 1st 2014 Wanted Bulletins: 2-28-14
- Feb 25th 2014 'Bentley Bandit' takes plea in…
- Feb 15th 2014 Wanted Bulletins: 2-14-14
- Feb 14th 2014 Day 3 of Moretz murder trial
- Feb 13th 2014 Day 2 of Moretz murder trial
- Feb 12th 2014 Juan Carlos Chavez executed in boy's…
- Feb 12th 2014 Jury selection begins in Moretz…
- Jan 30th 2014 Barrientos found guilty of…
- Jan 29th 2014 After 16-year legal battle, Naples…
- Jan 29th 2014 Murder trial continues for former…
- Jan 29th 2014 Judge to rule on Naples Estates home…
- Jan 28th 2014 First-degree murder trial begins for…
- Feb 27th 2014 Cruise ship crimes: What you should know
- Feb 21st 2014 Raw video: Robbery at M&M Cafe in Tin…
- Jan 31st 2014 Bomb squad investigating suspicious…
- Jan 29th 2014 Residents want to buy mobile home park
- Jan 3rd 2014 Raw video: Man escapes from…
- Jan 2nd 2014 Sheriff Mike Scott talks about the…
- Jan 2nd 2014 Raw video: Man attempts to rob store…
- Jan 2nd 2014 Items seized in San Carlos Park drug…
- Dec 20th 2013 Thomas Trissler call to Collier…
- Nov 27th 2013 Teens record random act of violence
- Nov 17th 2013 Homicide in Immokalee
- Nov 1st 2013 3 Immokalee teens killed in car crash