Teen caught cleaning marijuana pipe attacks mom, deputies report

Brittany Matyisin

CCSO

Brittany Matyisin

A North Naples teen is accused of attacking her mother after she was caught cleaning out a marijuana pipe in the bathroom.

The teen’s mom told Collier County sheriff’s deputies this wasn’t the first time her daughter became violent with her.

Brittany Matyisin, 18, of the 16100 block of Caldera Lane, was arrested Wednesday in the 700 block of Vanderbilt Beach Road.

Matyisin’s mother said that on April 14, while moving into her new home, she found her daughter in the bathroom cleaning a marijuana smoking pipe with her friend, according to an arrest report.

Matyisin’s mother told deputies she tried to take the pipe from her daughter’s hands but she was then struck in the nose, causing it to bleed.

The teen’s mother also said that, Monday night, she asked her daughter to get off the phone, but she refused so she then told her that was going to disconnect her phone’s service, according to reports. Matyisin’s mother told deputies that her daughter then became angry, grabbed her arm and scratched her.

According to reports, after Matyisin’s mother disconnected her daughter’s phone, Matyisin became enraged, took a large kitchen knife, ran over to where her mother was sitting and held it over her head saying she was going to stab her.

Matyisin’s mother told deputies she sat very still but her daughter continued to taunt her with the knife. Matyisin eventually began threatening to stab herself in the leg before putting down the knife, reports said.

Matyisin is facing a charge of domestic battery.

swamp4ever writes:

Baker Act?

Raminar_Dixon writes:

She's 18... tell her to hit the bricks uga mug!

Captian_Cataracts writes:

in response to swamp4ever:

Baker Act?

Nope. Butcher or better yet Candlestick maker Act.

This is one disturbed child not because she smokes weed but because of the acting out.

As an 18 yr old she'll be treated as an adult which means Mom just hosed the kids life forever!

Looks like a crack head to me.

stonnerjohnnyII writes:

" Mom, I was just cleaning up after myself....just like you taught me. Why are you so angry? "

Spock_is_logical writes:

Just another punk giving potheads a bad rap...

Girl, when your busted your busted so don't make it worse. Just soak your pipe in rubbing alcohol overnight and it will be clean as new money.

wonderful (Inactive) writes:

in response to Raminar_Dixon:

She's 18... tell her to hit the bricks uga mug!

This is the age group that present obama is trying to play to, eh?

sharks2009 writes:

in response to Captian_Cataracts:

Nope. Butcher or better yet Candlestick maker Act.

Looks like a crack head to me.

This girls is responsible for her own behavior, and hopefully because she was turned in she will get the help she needs.
If the mother hadn't turned her in next weeks headline may read "Mother stabbed to death by teen after she refused to call police about previous threats".
Then we would blame her mother for that as well.

Notthesame writes:

you raised her mom, this is just the beggining

Leathercraftswoman (Inactive) writes:

You piece of trash you hit your Mom and then smile wide for the mug shot. Nice !! Mom don't bail her out - tough love is definitely what you should do here..

ocelot_snake writes:

in response to Spock_is_logical:

Just another punk giving potheads a bad rap...

Id imagine thats not the best way to get the resin out of the pipe to be smoked later

MIF writes:

Mom will probably be the first to post bond for her, so I don't feel sorry for mom at all. Look at the smile on this kid's face. She's a spoiled brat and mom is most likely her main enabler.

MacGumbo writes:

Yeah! Marijuana is a victimless drug. Users just sit about non-violent, minding their own business, NOT!

anotherPOV writes:

in response to wonderful:

This is the age group that present obama is trying to play to, eh?

"present obama"?
speaking of drug users

Shark88 writes:

Parents are not to provoke their children to wrath.

Children are commanded to honor their parents.

Unless the girl turns her life around, her future looks dim.

alexia6ciula writes:

in response to Leathercraftswoman:

If my child would even dare to touch me that would be my mugshots on NDN instead of hers lol
This child is the result of bad parenting, most parents ignore their child bad behaviors early at age because they are too busy , lazy and do not want to deal with the hard job of being a parent. I am glad the mother decided to finally make her responsible for her actions. 18 it was about time mom!!

sporttruck writes:

in response to Captian_Cataracts:

Nope. Butcher or better yet Candlestick maker Act.

Looks like a crack head to me.

Mom did not hose the kid. The young adult did it to herself. If she were a minority she could claim victim status.

Therealist writes:

Sounds like a troubled young woman. Hopefully she can get the help she needs - the legal system won't give it to her, unfortunately.

Brittany: time to start acting like an adult! Smoke pot if you like, but don't put your hands on others.

Throat_Yogurt writes:

another s----- person giving marijuana a bad name. it's a shame

Throat_Yogurt writes:

in response to johnwaynegacy:

hell yes it is!

Z07 writes:

It's a crack pipe not a grass pipe.

mr_1_term_proposition writes:

The momma should punch her lights out.

silverback writes:

in response to Captian_Cataracts:

Nope. Butcher or better yet Candlestick maker Act.

Looks like a crack head to me.

The kid hosed her own life by treating her mother that way. Mom probably won't admit it, but they would both be better off not living under the same roof.

alexia6ciula writes:

in response to johnwaynegacy:

Calm down !! mean comments that Dr. Phil watching will scare the s hit out that girl.
I will say sinece she is 18 all the mother needs to do is kick her and her pipe out

silverback writes:

in response to anotherPOV:

"present obama"?
speaking of drug users

You go ahead and correct the spelling, let the others make valid points.

upagain writes:

Kids will be Kids.

canman8888 writes:

If I was her mom, I would let her smoke all the weed she wants and let her calm down to maintain peace and civility in the household.

Otherwise: Brittney is 18, right? Instead of fighting with her snotty daughter, just kick her out of the house....make her pay her own bills and then she can smoke all the pot she wants at her own crib.

KR writes:

This is an example of: If the parents don't discipline their kids....society will!

angrytxpyr writes:

I have found memories of my mom and older brothers both going toe to toe, funny thing was netheir one of my brothers even tried to hit here back as she literally be the shizzz right out of them. All that for mouthing off to my mom and threatening to punch my dad if he intervened. There was nothing left to do or say when he got home. She even called the cops and told them what happened both times and they just asked if she needed help with them. The good ole days are long gone.

Leathercraftswoman (Inactive) writes:

in response to alexia6ciula:

I know it is easy to say bad parenting and I have also accused others of this as well but frankly some kids are just simply bad seeds. I know quite a few that had the greatest, most diligent parents, who were on their kids and tried everything possible and still they just turned out to be rotten kids. It is a crazy world we live in today, where a whole generation of children out there are growing up with no conscience whatsoever. In my youth we would never dream of raising a hand to our parents out of respect for them. A huge part of this generation is growing up feeling very entitled, take no responsibility for their actions, and have no conscience whatsoever. Its very sad. I believe a lot of it is children born out of wedlock to parents who got pregnant by someone they barely knew because they were plain and simply irresponsible. Those children are growing up to become angry teenagers and angry adults committing crimes left and right. Not only do they not take responsibility for their actions they just do not care and they do not feel remorseful. Its so sad. Who knows what made this girl hit her Mom and smugly smile at the camera? Is she the product of a good loving two parent household or is she the product of a Mother who became pregnant by a man who did not want to be involved and in turn she is an angry teenager with an overly stressed Mom who came barely make ends meet. Either way I feel for the Mom. I hope she leaves her in jail to learn a very important lesson but sadly chances are good Mom will end up bailing her out. This kid has a long rough road ahead of her if she continues down this path....

naples_rocket writes:

smoking pipe hahahahah is that what you do with it

wordofmouth writes:

Hell, she either needs help getting more pot, or help w/her emotional problems. I hate when ppl always assume it's the drug fault, and not the persons behavior-as the lead on this story tries to do :/.

KR writes:

in response to Leathercraftswoman:

The kids (generation) you talk about are the losers voting for obama!

native_at_heart writes:

this girl has some serious issues and smoking pot is the least of them. I think the David Lawrence Center would serve her needs more than jail.

Here4Now writes:

Kids'll do the darndest things! Little dears!

Here4Now writes:

So, I guess Mothers Day is looking rather bleak in the Matyisin abode?

absolutsti writes:

is this really newsworthy?

LovesBS writes:

She appears to be smiling. Funny!

Spare the rod...spoil the child is still true.

Solution: 90 days in the can at hard labor followed by six months of anger management classes.

what234 writes:

shes smoking more than pot..... just sayin'

tampacoco writes:

Two words for her " Get Out"

InCognitogirl writes:

in response to upagain:

Kids will be Kids.

Has nothing to do with kids will be kids. It is disrespectful to hit your mother, and she has the nerve to smile for her mug shot. Just another punk gone wild. I say jail time.

Opinionated writes:

in response to tampacoco:

Two words for her " Get Out"

You can’t say get out; she is a 12 year old child in my opinion, not 18, mentally speaking of course.

Simply kicking her out would only make the situation worse. Imagine what this girl would do if she was homeless. Her mother knows this.

wonderful (Inactive) writes:

in response to silverback:

You go ahead and correct the spelling, let the others make valid points.

u in town?

How much is this costing US, eh?

tampacoco writes:

in response to Opinionated:

Is she mental or a spoiled brat? And I would say get out and see if the grass is greener on the other side. If she wasnt raised with repect that's her Mothers fault. I'm sorry tough love in my house and my parents house and it didn't hurt in the up bringing area. I blame the parents who raise disrepectful kids these days. Homeless or hit your Mother when you get upset?

tampacoco writes:

in response to MIF:

You got that right!

SNOWBlRD27 (Inactive) writes:

The future of the Democrat party...

sunburnt writes:

Hey lady, hit here across her ugly mug with a baseball bat, she will then begin to be afraid of you, take back the control of your house

QueBonita writes:

where's dad?

Harvel writes:

Rotten kid

bonlyjonly writes:

I'm sure pot had nothing to do with this girls violence, she needs a good butt whoopin!!

Here4Now writes:

This would make a great new MTV reality show!