Man slaps driver who cut him off in traffic, deputies say

Zachary Noah Miller faces a charge of burglary with assault in what deputies called a case of road rage.

CCSO

— A 27-year-old man who was angry that another driver cut him off in traffic Monday got out of his car at a red light and slapped the other driver so hard his glasses fell off, according to an arrest report.

Zachary Noah Miller, of 4420 Botanical Place Circle, East Naples, faces a charge of burglary with assault in what deputies called a case of road rage.

Miller told deputies he was driving his mom's PT Cruiser on U.S. 41 East near Bayshore Drive when a man in a white Mercedes cut him off. At a red light near Gulfgate Plaza, Miller said he got out of the car, told the other driver to "hang up the (expletive) phone" and drove away.

But the other driver, 50-year-old Michael Ferrer, told deputies that Miller screamed at him, flipped him the bird and spit on him before reaching through the open window and slapping him, an arrest report said. A witness also said he saw Miller reach inside the car and hit the driver, according to the report.

Ferrer said he followed Miller back to Botanical Place Condominiums but couldn't get through the gates. Miller was arrested at the condominium after speaking with deputies.

Miller, who also had an active warrant from Minnesota, faces the burglary charge because deputies said he entered another person's vehicle without permission, according to the report.

Related Links

Bigkondorsback (Inactive) writes:

Badge676 writes:

The burglary charge will go away, can't prove "intent", but the battery charge is right on.

Creep writes:

Bigkondorsback (Inactive) writes:

in response to Creep:

Zachary Noah, really never had a chance. It if was a PT Cruiser Convertible there would be no question.

Heraclitus writes:

Seriously... hang up the phone and drive.

TiredoftheBS writes:

Michael Ferrer deserved it, if he was on the phone!

Bigkondorsback (Inactive) writes:

in response to Ludwig:

Bring it. I don't need a gun. If some male reproductive organ comes in my car he will get capped. I will go toe to toe any day with you.

wrightconnection writes:

WOW!!! It looks like road rage has turned into postrage, calm down people.

Bigkondorsback (Inactive) writes:

methadont writes:

You shouldn't all be so eager about the idea of a fight. It doesn't make you a p---y if you've never been in one. I swear sometimes these comments read like people wish it had been them in the featured police report. Coming to blows is actually not that great a time though b/c at worst, someone beats the brakes clean off you. At best, you're sort of embarrassed about the way you are conducting yourself. And you should be, b/c you look and sound ridiculous even if you're winning. Stomping out of your PT Cruiser to slap a man like you're Diana Ross or some diva on Dynasty kind of makes you a p---y. But doing your best to avoid physical altercation doesn't.

privateroad writes:

pipito writes:

this kid did what I have felt like doing several times. he has a lot to learn in life, hopefully those big holes in his ears can help "guide" the "master" who will "wooed" him, in the shower. dont think mom is going to bail him out, it will be the car gets recovered, or the boy, i think the car is gonna have first pick. I would take a ugly PT over dat boy anyday, at least the PT has a scrap metal price

Iggy writes:

in response to methadont:

So very well said!! So so true.

Being a grown adult that can see ghetto rat attitude for what it is and walk away or defuse it with common sense makes you a REAL man!

Beating on people or threatening to pull guns, not so great. Protect your home and famiy yes absolutely but come on this little Penls match on here is foolish.

firebee writes:

I can't help but comment that this young punk is the material that Collier County Public School teachers deal with each day. Get it now, public, why the little geniuses don't pass the FCAT? Could behavior and breeding have anything at all to do with it? Of course, you'd rather live in your dream world where you envision classrooms filled with eager, wholesome, sponges of knowledge who, poor little things, are cheated out of their educational dream by what you imagine as "incompetent" teachers. Honey, you need a miracle-worker, not an educator, to deal with today's "youth" culture of tatooed, pierced, drugged, zoned-out, foul-mouthed youth who suffer from a combination of parental neglect peppered with erratic spoiling (living at home, driving mom's car, craving attention, demanding their "rights" yet assuming no respect and sense of responsibility for others who impede their path to gratification. Pit the wholesome kid who's thrown into the same classroom where teacher has no administrative support to maintain a positive learning environment against this uncontrolled "prince" of self-expression, and there's no contest as to who wins. If the kid is like this perpetrator, it's always the teacher's fault. And the good students are the losers, as the teacher is forced to waste time trying to control the punk long enough to drill in a lesson. It's his "right" to not be "left behind" so there's little chance of removing him from the classroom. So, how many of you logically inclined critics of the educational system still think it's the police department's fault that he's a hellion on the road as well?

itmattershere writes:

Get off the phone & drive your car, then he wouldn't have to cut people off. Then again we have allot of s----- people down here who can't drive even when they are paying attention.

joeblow writes:

I will talk on the phone in my car if I want to.

freedomsailor writes:

in response to Bigkondorsback:

Don't you read before running your mouth? The man who got slapped was not in a PT Cruiser. Oh, sorry, I didn't know that someone reads for you!

Z07 writes:

in response to bandog:

Your day will come Mr tough guy

felipe writes:

can't fix s----- !! i am sure his mom is real proud of him !!! plus i feel bad for the teachers that have to try to fix s----- , especially when there hands are tied , when it comes to these spoil brats that we are raising nowadays that have no respect for there parents let alone anybody else !!! so to the teacher that wrote the post on that , i agree with you 1000% !!!

esprit writes:

in response to methadont:

"Diva on Dynasty" ... too funny! Really :)

Sane_in_Florida (Inactive) writes:

He's from Minnesota - snowbird territory - so the apples really don't fall that far from the tree huh!

local64 writes:

in response to "DamYankee"

"Teletubby ears". hahaha!

Sane_in_Florida (Inactive) writes:

in response to ISPEAKFORGOD:

I'm from southeastern PA dude, I'm no local yocal - I think they're as bad as the midwestern snowbirds.

KennyR (Inactive) writes:

This man is 27 years old, why are we talking about public schools? An adult leaching off his parents does not make him a child it makes him a loser.

Another point, assuming some crazy person who attacks you at a stop light will fight fair is s-----. The guy could be a bath salt zombie or have some type of weapon. Shooting as a first reaction may not be a good idea, but I'd much rather be armed in that situation. One thing is for sure, I'm not getting into a fist fight with some wack-job in the middle of 41.

Conflict_Resolution writes:

in response to Ludwig:

I bet you're a real winner kid, a real winner. Bang bang you're dead

Max_Headroom writes:

in response to joeblow:

I will talk on the phone in my car if I want to.

Be smart, if you can. Just don't be driving while being on the phone!

More tourists, less 'snowrats'!

Raminar_Dixon writes:

in response to joeblow:

I will talk on the phone in my car if I want to.

Did it hurt when the momma's boy slapped you?

garnet1995 writes:

in response to KennyR:

The 27 year olds now in this generation are the ME world and I work with 20 yr olds they really have evry thing and are unable to deal with their emotions.So glad not raising kids in this generation I see so many stessed out parents who really dont have the means or will to handle them. This is a Boy with alot of issues hope he gets help...

Jarvis (Inactive) writes:

Cellphone use in cars needs to be illegal. I have seen people driving five miles an hour trying to talk or text, and other times driving across lanes of traffic trying to dial their phone, or just ignoring the road while on the cellphone.

It is not that hard to pull into a parking lot to use the phone, if it is such an important call.

Shark88 writes:

He sort of looks like he could be Lindsay Lohan's brother.

Robertofnaples writes:

in response to Damyankee:

Bramble writes:

Rude Mercedes drivers deserve to be slapped. Hard. Two slaps if they were on a cell phone while cutting in.

drolds writes:

in response to Bigkondorsback:

firebee writes:

in response to KennyR:

Kenny, it's because one is the product of his family influence and formative years and because, sadly, I often read Police Beat or news articles such as this one and recognize my former "students" from 27 years with CCPS. One does not change at a magical age - and if the person becomes a criminal during or after high school, all studies show that it began in the formative years. It is not the fault of the local police force nor is it the fault of the teachers who tried their best to "undo" the damage when the wayward student refused to respect classroom order, bullied classmates, or came to class dirty, tired, frustrated, hung-over, angry, or even high.
I'll never understand people who fail to parent children - whether 7 or 27 - yet blame the system, particularly the school system. One doesn't suddenly develop a strong conscience, muster up enough maturity to self-motivate himself, or follow the law of the land at a magic age that narrow-minded people call "adulthood" if the home and parents do not instill it at an early age.

Bosshog21 writes:

This ponk slapped the right person. He may have gotten shot, by slapping the wrong person. LOL

lizzyb writes:

Well done Firebee! I don't even know you, but I could just picture you giving that speech! All I can say, as a teacher with the same number of years of experience, is AMEN! To all of it. You can tell in the first WEEK of school what a kid's home/parent/background is like. A lot of parents would cringe to hear that, too. Maybe they should do something about it, huh? PS.. I see my former kids on the sheriff's website too. Sad. Even sadder that I knew it was coming.

hubris-breath writes:

muleman1 writes:

ricky369 writes:

Mercedes...using cell phone while driving....Yes, he deserved what he got

ricky369 writes:

If you really feel the need to tell everyone what kind of gun you carry after reading this, you are exactly the kind of guy who should't be allow to have a CCW.

OMiller writes:

Well you are all sitting on here talking crap and saying HORRIBLE things about MY brother maybe you should know the real reason he is down here "mouching" off his mommy. He is actually down here to help my mother pay bills and take care of his father who has terminal cancer and his mom takes care of his dad all day so someone needs to go to work! So watch who you are judging. You all sit on here and write nasty comments about people you dont know. Must make you feel real great about yourselves doesn't it. This isnt even what really happened but of course the story you get is from one side and its from the side of the man who tried running my brother off the road and almost hit him while talking on his phone. So my brother is the bad person for yelling at the guy to put his blasted phone down and pay attention to the road. But what if the man would have hit a child or someone on the side of the road then he would have been the bad person so maybe you all should think before you say s----- things like him having HIV or something. Lets grow up a little bit?
Also if it weren't for "snowbirds" none of you would have jobs who do you think comes down here and spends there money at the places that employee you?

creedfan4lyflds writes:

You people can't tell me you have never felt the need to give some old person behind the wheel a "courtesy slap", ya know, something to bring them back to reality.

LostItAll writes:

Will probably get more jail time than Jerry Williams did.

glennhamilton writes:

People that live in Florida do not use their heads. There should be a class in the 10th grade on Florida's use of force laws involving an occupied car or home. Maybe that might save a life.This kid could have easily been another Trevor Martin, {white version}.
The stand your ground law and castle law are good laws that protect the citizens of Florida from violent criminals.
Any Florida politician should lose their position with any vote to change these laws. Democrat or Republican.

martinm_1 writes:

CarpeVeritas writes:

in response to creedfan4lyflds:

I have never felt the need to give an oldster a "courtesy slap."

I have felt the need though to smudge the pancake makeup off of the thirty-something helicopter moms who drive thirty ton, eighty thousand dollar SUVs while talking on the phone, yelling at the kids, and applying eyeliner.

OMiller writes:

in response to martinm_1:

Maybe you should grow up?
Loser

Max_Headroom writes:

in response to onion:

You call them.....Miss?

Pragmatic1 writes:

He should get a medal, not get arrested.

Too bad he didn't take the cell phone and then give it back to the man where the sun never shines.

LifeIsATerminalIllness writes:

in response to joeblow:

I will talk on the phone in my car if I want to.

Tell me where you drive, Joe, so I can ride my bike there. When my lawyer gets through with you you won't be able to afford a local call.