County, Algenol bury the hatchet: Expansion plans to move forward in Lee
Updated 4/21/2014 at 8:06 p.m. 2 comments
The peace offering between Lee County and Algenol Biofuels was almost doomed from the first paragraph.
DEP fines oil company for unauthorized work on Collier oil well
Updated 4/18/2014 at 7:22 p.m. 13 comments
The Dan A. Hughes company was fined $25,000 for unauthorized work on a well it operates south of Lake Trafford in Collier County.
It's Your Business: Bonita’s Innovative Food Holdings sees profit growth
Published 4/4/2014 at 8:00 a.m. 0 comments
Today's business news, announcements and events for Collier and Lee counties.
Planning commission OKs plan amendment for proposed Pine Ridge Road car dealership
Published 4/3/2014 at 2:48 p.m. 0 comments
The commission unanimously voted to recommend Collier County commissioners amend an existing Planned Unit Development that already allows for auto supply stores, grocery stores, restaurants and hotels, among other commercial uses.
Naples YMCA may have buyer for former Teddy Bear Museum site
Updated 3/26/2014 at 11:33 a.m. 2 comments
Greater Naples YMCA officials are looking at selling off a piece of their property on Pine Ridge Road and will look to move day-care operations into the building being rebuilt after the Labor Day fire.
NABOR: Home sales prices continue to soar in February
Updated 3/14/2014 at 6:35 p.m. 3 comments
At the height of season, home prices in Naples continue up, up and away. Released Friday, NABOR’s numbers show overall prices up 22.8 percent in February, to $269,000 compared with the same month a year earlier.
Fishkind report: Immokalee big box store won't harm mom-and-pops
Published 3/6/2014 at 6:30 a.m. 0 comments
A consultant's analysis of what a big box store would mean economically to Immokalee and the mom and pop businesses there was received by county community development officials.
Developer wants to turn vacant mobile home park site into homes
Published 3/4/2014 at 5:17 a.m. 1 comment
The Collier County Planning Commission meets Thursday. Among items on the aenda is a request to change a mobile home park site in East Naples to a 44-unit residential complex.
In the Know: Tide Dry Cleaners, Starbucks set for former Bo Lings restaurant in Bonita Springs
Updated 2/28/2014 at 7:42 p.m. 2 comments
Tide Dry Cleaners and Starbucks Coffee will be sharing the Bonita Springs space that Bo Lings Chinese restaurant vacated in early 2007.
Algenol CEO proves jobs are there, says expansion will be outside Lee County
Published 2/24/2014 at 10:26 p.m. 6 comments
Algenol, an innovative biofuel creator that uses algae to create power, respods to criticism by a Lee County commissioner who said the company hadn't lived up to its promise to create jobs when it got Lee County financial incentives to ...
Central Avenue project in Naples would create rentals for downtown workers
Published 2/12/2014 at 6:00 a.m. 5 comments
With revisions now made, a mixed-used project planned for downtown Naples appears to be back on the approval track. The project, to be built on nearly 9 acres where the Daily News headquarters stood for decades, already has unanimous approval ...
Lee receives rezoning request for CenterPlace, a 886-acre development near FGCU
Published 2/11/2014 at 9:21 p.m. 0 comments
Private Equity Group, a Fort Myers-based private equity fund, has applied to Lee County government for zoning approval for a mixed-use development on 886 acres it owns south of Alico Road and east of Ben Hill Griffin Parkway.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Apr 18th 2014 The Alamo shooting range
- Apr 3rd 2014 Public meeting held in Immokalee on…
- Mar 19th 2014 Hundreds attend Cocohatchee Bay…
- Mar 18th 2014 Vi at Bentley Village breaks ground…
- Feb 19th 2014 Residents at Manna Christian RV Park…
- Dec 6th 2013 Shops returning to the Promenade at…
- Oct 25th 2013 U.S. 41 and downtown Naples
- Oct 7th 2013 Habitat for Humanity breaks ground in…
- Sep 25th 2013 Hertz unveils site plans
- Jul 29th 2013 Residential housing development up at…
- Jul 10th 2013 Local company profile, Loos & Company…
- Jun 25th 2013 SMS Memory Module Assembly, Inc.
- Feb 19th 2014 Close-in construction blasting in…
- Dec 19th 2013 Algae Sex Tape
- Nov 26th 2013 Hertz breaks ground in Estero
- Sep 10th 2013 Cell Tower reactions
- Aug 28th 2013 Rick Scott comments on Lake…
- Jun 6th 2013 Gov. Scott on Tropical Storm Andrea
- May 3rd 2013 Newsmakers: Bob Ball
- Apr 18th 2013 Moorings Park at Grey Oaks development
- Mar 28th 2013 NewsMakers: Jim Nathan, Part 1
- Nov 29th 2012 NewsMakers: Richard Akin & Blake Gable
- Sep 13th 2012 Collier County Commission meeting
- Oct 8th 2011 Florida Specialties: What We Do