It's official: Hertz breaks ground on world headquarters in Estero
Updated 11/26/2013 at 5:40 p.m. 1 comment
Hertz held its official groundbreaking Tuesday at its new Estero headquarters site. Gov. Rick Scott was among those in attendance.
It's Your Business: Buffalo Wild Wings opens Monday in Bonita
Published 11/21/2013 at 5:30 a.m. 1 comment
National sports bar chain opens Monday in Bonita; teen girls clothing store opens at Miromar Outlets; NCH has a top 50 program.
King's Lake businesses: Publix construction can't be done soon enough
Updated 11/18/2013 at 10:38 p.m. 0 comments
An update on the status of the renovation of Kings Square on Davis Boulevard and how its construction is going.
New Hertz HQ will feature glass, not Mediterranean look
Updated 11/18/2013 at 8:53 p.m. 16 comments
The building is modern, sleek and translucent, with a mass of windows, instead of a mass of concrete.
That boom you heard is Southwest Florida building industry: It's back
Published 10/27/2013 at 7:25 a.m. 7 comments
After years of inactivity during a down market, dozens of new developments are under construction around Southwest Florida. Here's a summary of what's up at some of them.
Mayor: Proposal to reduce U.S. 41 lanes in downtown Naples 'long way' off
Published 10/25/2013 at 7:42 p.m. 9 comments
The Naples CRA is proposing to look at the idea of reducing the number of lanes of U.S. 41 in the downtown Naples area to spur economic development through pedestrian walkways.
Architect, council size up plans for new Naples Gordon River Park
Published 10/14/2013 at 6:41 p.m. 4 comments
Naples City Council members and their volunteer architect discussed plans Monday for the new Gordon River Park.
Third quarter profit up for homebuilder Lennar
Published 9/24/2013 at 8:34 a.m. 0 comments
Lennar's third-quarter net income rose 39 percent as its home deliveries and new orders continued to climb.
Lennar undecided on plans for acquired Lee-Hendry acreage
Published 9/20/2013 at 5:44 a.m. 1 comment
Lennar Homes has paid $45 million for an assemblage of about 1,400 acres in Lee and Hendry counties.
Walmart, Hertz design hearing in Estero moved to Sept. 25
Published 9/18/2013 at 5:30 p.m. 0 comments
The presentations were originally expected to be made Sept. 18.
Florida cities' economic output grows
Published 9/17/2013 at 3:23 p.m. 0 comments
The economic output in Florida's three largest metro areas grew by more than 3 percent last year.
Florida cities rank below average in science jobs
Published 9/9/2013 at 2:44 p.m. 0 comments
Florida's largest metropolitan areas rank below the national average in having science and engineering jobs.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Dec 6th 2013 Shops returning to the Promenade at…
- Oct 25th 2013 U.S. 41 and downtown Naples
- Oct 7th 2013 Habitat for Humanity breaks ground in…
- Sep 25th 2013 Hertz unveils site plans
- Jul 29th 2013 Residential housing development up at…
- Jul 10th 2013 Local company profile, Loos & Company…
- Jun 25th 2013 SMS Memory Module Assembly, Inc.
- May 7th 2013 Hertz, Gov. Scott hold press…
- May 5th 2013 High Priced Rentals! Gallery 2
- May 5th 2013 High Priced Rentals! Gallery 3
- Apr 7th 2013 Whatever happened to Old 41…
- Mar 2nd 2013 East Naples developments take shape
- Nov 26th 2013 Hertz breaks ground in Estero
- Sep 10th 2013 Cell Tower reactions
- Aug 28th 2013 Rick Scott comments on Lake…
- Jun 6th 2013 Gov. Scott on Tropical Storm Andrea
- May 3rd 2013 Newsmakers: Bob Ball
- Apr 18th 2013 Moorings Park at Grey Oaks development
- Mar 28th 2013 NewsMakers: Jim Nathan, Part 1
- Nov 29th 2012 NewsMakers: Richard Akin & Blake Gable
- Sep 13th 2012 Collier County Commission meeting
- Oct 8th 2011 Florida Specialties: What We Do
- Dec 6th 2010 FGCU Dinner on the Diamond: Matt LaPorta
- Sep 2nd 2010 Our economy hits bottom, stays there