In The 239: Taste of Collier returns to Bayfront
Published 4/24/2014 at 1:00 p.m. 0 comments
Last year, about 6,000 paid to get a "taste" from eateries they wanted to try, or return for old favorites from their go-to eateries.
Loaded, stolen gun found in Tennessee woman's body
Published 4/24/2014 at 12:43 p.m. 2 comments
Tennessee police say a woman introduced into jail some atypical contraband: a stolen — and loaded — .22-caliber mini-revolver, via a body orifice.
SWFL Crime Stoppers offers $7,500 reward for information on home invasions
Published 4/24/2014 at 12:20 p.m. 0 comments
Southwest Florida Crime Stoppers announced today a $7,500 enhanced reward for information leading to arrests in connection with five home invasions in Collier County since February.
In The 239 Dining: French cafe culture debuts on Fifth - PHOTOS
Published 4/24/2014 at 12:00 p.m. 0 comments
Dining Out feature with photos on La Bazenne, a French restaurant that recently opened on Fifth Avenue South in downtown Naples.
$150 million Powerball ticket sold at Golden Gate Estates store
Published 4/24/2014 at 11:51 a.m. 2 comments
Is there a $150 million lottery winner living somewhere in Golden Gate Estates? There’s a good chance there is. Someone purchased the winning Powerball ticket at E’s Country Store off at Immokalee Road and Oil Well Road, according to the ...
Publix supermarket reopens expanded store in East Naples
Updated 4/24/2014 at 1:40 p.m. 0 comments
After a nine-month wait, it was standing room only Thursday when the latest local Publix reopened in its expanded digs in East Naples.
In The 239: Jay Phillips channels his inner Obama in standup show
Published 4/24/2014 at 10:00 a.m. 0 comments
Jay Phillips joins Dave Chappelle, Martin Lawrence and Wanda Sykes as successful comedians from the Washington, D.C.-Baltimore area.
Class Notes: Registering children for kindergarten finds its way into the 21st century
Published 4/24/2014 at 9:37 a.m. 0 comments
It's kindergarten registration time again, an exciting time for sure, and this year there's a brand new, parent-friendly twist.
Making a splash: Tail of the Whale sculpture to be installed at 8th Ave. S. beachend
Published 4/24/2014 at 9:34 a.m. 0 comments
Tail of the Whale, a contemporary bronze sculpture, has a new home — and Naples officials hope the city’s first private art donation under its public arts program will pave the way for more.
Can new drug extend lives of Southwest Florida men with prostate cancer?
Published 4/24/2014 at 7:00 a.m. 0 comments
Walter Corbin has on his side a good perspective, a doctor's counseling, and the potential the drug will extend his life. Last Thursday, Corbin was getting his fifth injection of Xofigo, given monthly for six months.
Four in custody after deputies interrupt home invasion
Updated 4/24/2014 at 11:36 a.m. 5 comments
The Lee County Sheriff's Office swarmed a Lehigh Acres neighborhood overnight after a home invasion early Thursday morning.
Video report: Preview for Friday's paper
Published 4/24/2014 at 6:15 a.m. 0 comments
Morning traffic, weather and a look at the day ahead.
SW Florida weather: Thursday mostly sunny, warmer
Updated 4/24/2014 at 8:28 a.m. 0 comments
The warm, sunny weather will continue today. We start with mild temperatures and some patchy fog this morning, but we will quickly start warming up and the fog will mix out once the sun comes up.
Thursday's traffic enforcement locations in Collier, Lee
Published 4/24/2014 at 5:30 a.m. 0 comments
Here are today's traffic enforcement locations in Collier and Lee counties.
Curt Clawson's victory rooted in money, grassroots connections with voters
Updated 4/23/2014 at 10:16 p.m. 1 comment
A Curt Clawson campaign insider and political observers say the long-shot victory was about more than what was in his wallet. They also credit his outsider brand and a personal side he showed in dozens of meet-and-greet events.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Apr 23rd 2014 Dr. Joan Colfer retires
- Apr 23rd 2014 Naples' Anderson Quartet practices…
- Apr 22nd 2014 Lizbeth Benacquisto election night party
- Apr 22nd 2014 Curt Clawson Wins District 19…
- Apr 22nd 2014 Staff Twitter Photos: Special…
- Apr 21st 2014 "Beautiful Bulldog" pageant
- Apr 21st 2014 Precincts get ready for District 19…
- Apr 20th 2014 Paragon Pavilion cinema
- Apr 20th 2014 Bonita Beach Park Easter Sunday…
- Apr 20th 2014 Marco Island Easter sunrise services…
- Apr 20th 2014 Adoptable pets in SW Florida: April…
- Apr 20th 2014 2014 Easter – Sunrise Service at the…
- Apr 23rd 2014 April 23 Story Preview
- Apr 22nd 2014 Curt Clawson's victory speech
- Apr 22nd 2014 Lizbeth Benacquisto concedes in…
- Apr 22nd 2014 Election Day Story Preview
- Apr 21st 2014 April 21 story preview
- Apr 18th 2014 FWC captures alligator on Barefoot Beach
- Apr 18th 2014 What we're working on at NDN
- Apr 17th 2014 House fire blocks traffic at 39th…
- Apr 17th 2014 Raw video: Amy Daniels' DUI arrest
- Apr 17th 2014 April 17: What's happening in SWFL
- Apr 16th 2014 April 16: What we're working on
- Apr 13th 2014 John John's Prom
- Mangrove Guided Walk Matanzas Pass Preserve -- 9:30 A.M.
- Orange Jeep Tours Ave Maria La Piazza Town Center -- 8 A.M.
- Baby Boot Camp Miromar Outlets -- 9 A.M.
- Barrier Islands Guided Walk Bowditch Point Recreational Park -- 1 P.M.
- Jezebelle Porky's - Marco -- 8 P.M.
- Flea and Farmers Market Collier County Fairgrounds -- 7:30 A.M.
- FREE Puppy Classes at Fido's Gym-Indoor Dog Park Fido's Gym -- 1 P.M.
- Naples Chess Club Starbucks - Napa Boulevard -- 7:15 P.M.
- Guided Kayak Trip Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center -- 9:30 A.M.