Teaching children etiquette in a social media world
Updated 4/24/2014 at 1:54 p.m. 0 comments
Parents struggling to teach their children proper manners can get a little help from Ms. Laura.
In The 239 Dining: French cafe culture debuts on Fifth - PHOTOS
Published 4/24/2014 at 12:00 p.m. 0 comments
Dining Out feature with photos on La Bazenne, a French restaurant that recently opened on Fifth Avenue South in downtown Naples.
HBO's John Oliver recognizes debt to Jon Stewart
Published 4/24/2014 at 8:22 a.m. 0 comments
When the time comes for a young bird to leave the nest, he's often more than ready to go and doesn't care too much what Papa Bird thinks. The analogy doesn't apply to John Oliver, the former "Daily Show" featured ...
Naples high school string quartet ready for the glass slipper at national Music Competition
Published 4/24/2014 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
They began playing together as a requirement, but now they're an ensemble. And their enxemble is competing with the big boys.
In The 239: The Roys bring 'raw, real' bluegrass to Naples
Published 4/23/2014 at 2:45 p.m. 0 comments
The brother-sister duo are considered rising stars of bluegrass music and perform at 8 p.m. Friday at the Norris Community Center, 755 Eighth Ave S., Naples.
Stargazer: Musicians are fans too, and one defends KISS
Published 4/23/2014 at 12:00 p.m. 0 comments
Bruce Springsteen swings into South Florida on Tuesday, and Boz Scaggs performs in Fort Myers next Wednesday.
Tasting fests, cooking classes and special dinners take over Collier this spring
Published 4/23/2014 at 10:28 a.m. 0 comments
Loosen your belt a notch. Over the next three weeks, a series of food fairs and cooking demonstrations are calculated to bring out your inner foodie.
MMA: Naples' Mike King learning under idol B.J. Penn on "The Ultimate Fighter"
Published 4/23/2014 at 6:00 a.m. 0 comments
This was Mike King’s beginnings as a mixed martial arts fighter: practicing moves from former UFC lightweight champion B.J. Penn’s “The Book of Knowledge” on his fraternity brothers in the basement of their fraternity house.
FYI-Food: Celebrate National Prime Rib Day and more
Published 4/23/2014 at 5:00 a.m. 0 comments
Sample food from local restuarants at the Taste of Collier, and more news for area foodies.
In the Know: Patric's restaurant returning to North Naples
Published 4/23/2014 at 5:00 a.m. 4 comments
Tim Aten's weekly column, In the Know, reports on the planned return of the new Patric's in North Naples.
Let's Talk Food: Buttermilk is a churn for the best
Published 4/23/2014 at 12:00 a.m. 0 comments
Doris Reynolds' weekly column, Let's Talk Food, provides a taste of buttermilk this week.
In the Know: Lamoraga, new Spanish tapas restaurant, opens in Naples
Published 4/22/2014 at 4:00 p.m. 1 comment
A new modern restaurant in Naples combines traditional Spanish delicacies with gourmet international influences.
Norman Love to open store in Miromar Outlets Estero
Published 4/22/2014 at 1:30 p.m. 0 comments
The award-winning Fort Myers confectioner said he plans to open his fourth location in September.
In The 239: Korn to bring funk-metal sound to Fort Rock
Published 4/22/2014 at 10:10 a.m. 0 comments
A crowd of more than 10,000 is expected to attend Fort Rock on Saturday.
Comcast's first quarter earnings surge on upbeat NBC results
Published 4/22/2014 at 8:21 a.m. 0 comments
Comcast Corp. said Tuesday that its first-quarter net income rose by 30 percent as ad revenue surged at broadcast network NBC, helped by the Winter Olympics in Sochi and Jimmy Fallon's elevation as host of "The Tonight Show."
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Review: THE GAME'S AFOOT at Gulfshore Playhouse The Stage Door | Posted 2/24/2014 at 8:16 p.m. 0 comments
- Read the review: LES MISERABLES at Broadway Palm The Stage Door | Posted 2/24/2014 at 8:09 p.m. 0 comments
- St. Patrick's Day events in Naples The Stage Door | Posted 2/18/2014 at noon 0 comments
- Naples Players announce "Gypsy" in summer 2014, "Oklahoma!" in spring 2015 The Stage Door | Posted 2/5/2014 at 11:04 a.m. 0 comments
- Apr 17th 2014 Annie Sloan's Chalk Paint
- Apr 14th 2014 MTV Movie Awards 2014
- Apr 11th 2014 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction…
- Apr 10th 2014 Easter chocolates at Norman Love…
- Apr 6th 2014 Sheila's Out Shopping: Passover
- Apr 5th 2014 Revs Institute Car Museum
- Mar 30th 2014 Swing into Spring for the Arts
- Mar 30th 2014 2014 Kids' Choice Awards
- Mar 27th 2014 Your Photos: Grapes and Apes
- Mar 27th 2014 Caffe dell'Amore in Naples
- Mar 27th 2014 Naples India Association prepares for…
- Mar 26th 2014 Kale Salad from Chef Freedom Teague
- Apr 23rd 2014 The Anderson Quartet practices
- Apr 13th 2014 John John's Prom
- Mar 20th 2014 In the 239: Top things to do this…
- Mar 20th 2014 The Gulf Coasters Barbershop Quartet
- Mar 13th 2014 The Celtic Dance
- Feb 25th 2014 Anne Frank's stepsister Eva Schloss…
- Feb 20th 2014 The Laramie Project at FGCU
- Feb 14th 2014 LEGO sculpture exhibit comes to…
- Feb 13th 2014 Sessions: Sarah Hadeka - Why Shouldn't I
- Feb 13th 2014 Sessions: Sarah Hadeka - Here I Am
- Feb 9th 2014 St. Katherine's Levendia dancers…
- Feb 4th 2014 Cape Coral man proposes to girlfriend…
- Class: Folk dances Fleischmann Park -- 10 A.M.
- Entertainment at Stevie Tomato's Sports Page Stevie Tomato's Sports Page - Pebblebrooke -- 5 P.M.
- International Folk Dances Fleischmann Park -- 10 A.M.
- Line Dance Classes Veterans Community Park - North Naples -- 1:30 P.M.
- Motown & Reggae Favorites 740 North Collier Boulevard, Marco Island -- 8 P.M.
- Paddleboard and Fitness 1st Ave S. Old Naples -- 9 A.M.
- Touch of Class Duo with Peggy and Jim Flannery McKinley's House of Prime -- 6 P.M.
- Baby Boot Camp Miromar Outlets -- 9 A.M.
- Ballroom Dance Lessons Norris Community Center -- 6 P.M.
- Beginning Belly Dance Classes Oasis Parvaneh Women's Empowerment Center -- 6:30 P.M.