Landmark Bonita Springs ship that's not ship-shape goes to auction Saturday
Updated 12/5/2013 at 11:09 p.m. 2 comments
Saturday, the once brightly painted faux Spanish galleon "The Troy-Francis" on U.S. 41 in Bonita Springs is auctioned at 10 a.m. at the Hampton Inn and Suites in Estero.
Scott's economic achievements part of business outreach calls by state workers
Published 12/5/2013 at 7:11 p.m. 0 comments
Amid debate about Gov. Rick Scott sending congratulatory letters that are similar to his campaign talking points, state employees have been making phone calls to businesses.
Troubled charter school operator withdraws application for Lee County campus
Published 12/5/2013 at 7:00 p.m. 2 comments
A troubled charter school operator has withdrawn its application for a Lee County campus, one month after Collier County board members ordered the closure of the company's Immokalee campus due to widespread mismanagement.
Police Beat: Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013
Published 12/5/2013 at 5:27 p.m. 0 comments
Crime briefs compiled from Collier County sheriff's arrest reports.
Immokalee man charged with molesting girl
Published 12/5/2013 at 4:46 p.m. 2 comments
He is accused of inappropriately touching a young girl in his bedroom on two occasions.
Becoming Penny: Seacrest Country Day School student channels Secretariat owner
Published 12/5/2013 at 3:58 p.m. 2 comments
A school project led to what one fifth grader's mother is calling a life-changing experience. Amanda Doino's interest in Penny Chenery, owner of the Triple Crown-winning racehorse Secretariat, led to a chance to meet Chenery.
Fla. Supreme Court hears arguments on medical marijuana
Published 12/5/2013 at 12:41 p.m. 2 comments
The Supreme Court listened to 60 minutes of arguments Thursday over 74 words that could let voters decide whether to allow marijuana use for medical reasons.
Westbound U.S. 41 East will be closed until midnight in East Naples
Published 12/5/2013 at 12:14 p.m. 1 comment
Sheriff's deputies responded to direct motorists, who were urged to avoid the area in East Naples.
Class Notes: Elementary school students get unique chance to learn a lot about dolphins
Published 12/5/2013 at 11:23 a.m. 0 comments
Who doesn't get excited about seeing a pod of bottlenose dolphins frolicking in the Gulf? As we visit our beaches, go for a cruise in a boat, or stroll along the Naples Pier, we look for dolphins, hoping to see ...
Stranded whales on move as rescue efforts continue
Updated 12/5/2013 at 9:32 p.m. 0 comments
The U.S. Coast Guard reports that some of the pilot whales trapped in shallow waters at Everglades National Park are moving offshore.
Morning Report: What's happening Thursday, traffic and weather
Updated 12/5/2013 at 9:30 a.m. 0 comments
Morning report with traffic, weather and events for Thursday.
SW Florida weather: Unseasonably warm temperatures continue
Published 12/5/2013 at 6:23 a.m. 0 comments
Southwest Florida’s stretch of unseasonably warm weather continues Thursday as temperatures are forecast to climb into the mid 80s this afternoon.
Florida Supreme Court set to hear arguments: Is medical marijuana for the people?
Published 12/5/2013 at 6:20 a.m. 15 comments
There's an attempt underway to get a medical marijuana amendment on the 2014 ballot.
Thursday's traffic enforcement locations in Collier, Lee
Published 12/5/2013 at 5:30 a.m. 0 comments
Here are today's traffic enforcement locations in Collier and Lee counties.
It's Your Business: Hertz names top finance boss
Published 12/5/2013 at 5:30 a.m. 3 comments
Hertz appoints new CFO; PRSA lunch is next week; firm unveils high-rise design.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Dec 5th 2013 Westbound U.S. 41 East closed
- Dec 4th 2013 Charity dinner at Mereday's Fine Dining
- Dec 3rd 2013 Heath family Christmas tree stand on…
- Dec 2nd 2013 Lowdermilk Park closes for beach…
- Nov 30th 2013 Lawyer supergroup goes separate ways
- Nov 30th 2013 Wanted Bulletin: 11-21-13
- Nov 28th 2013 Black Friday shoppers camp outside…
- Nov 28th 2013 St. Matthew's House Thanksgiving…
- Nov 27th 2013 31st annual Thanksgiving in the Park…
- Nov 26th 2013 State legislator delegation in Immokalee
- Nov 26th 2013 Hertz groundbreaking event
- Nov 25th 2013 Artist in residence - Anna Marie Pavlik
- Nov 26th 2013 Now You Know: Skip the turkey for…
- Nov 26th 2013 U.S. Rep. Trey Radel at Hazelden
- Nov 20th 2013 Congressman Radel's press conference
- Nov 18th 2013 Man deemed hero after rescue
- Nov 17th 2013 Homicide in Immokalee
- Nov 13th 2013 Interview with Charlie Crist
- Nov 12th 2013 A Collier County fifth grader…
- Nov 1st 2013 3 Immokalee teens killed in car crash
- Oct 31st 2013 Shooting in Golden Gate
- Oct 29th 2013 Bears visit the back yard of Naples…
- Oct 26th 2013 Make a Difference Day
- Oct 24th 2013 The Haunted Gross House
- Mangrove Guided Walk Matanzas Pass Preserve -- 9:30 A.M.
- Naples Zoo feature show Naples Zoo at Caribbean Gardens -- 11 A.M.
- Baby Boot Camp Miromar Outlets -- 9 A.M.
- Barrier Islands Guided Walk Bowditch Point Recreational Park -- 1 P.M.
- Free Educational Seminar - Thursday, December 6, 2012 from 5:00 PM til 7:00 Naples Chamber Building Greater Naples Chamber of Commerce -- 5:30 P.M.
- Jezebelle Porky's - Marco -- 8 P.M.
- Flea and Farmers Market Collier County Fairgrounds -- 7:30 A.M.
- Naples Chess Club Starbucks - Napa Boulevard -- 7:15 P.M.
- Guided Kayak Trip Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center -- 9:30 A.M.
- Ave Maria Trolley Tours Ave Maria La Piazza Town Center -- 11 A.M.