Commissioner wants staff to find more than $1 billion to upkeep sea walls countywide
Published 3/10/2014 at 8:46 p.m. 3 comments
If the gated homes of La Peninsula get a special assessment to fund their sea wall repairs, then taxpayers need to finance repairs for every sea wall within Collier County — even if the cost is in the billions, Commissioner ...
Bonita Fire, Lee EMS still no closer to resolving dispute over EMS service
Published 3/10/2014 at 7:37 p.m. 0 comments
A whole lot of smoke, but still no fire.
Luis Bernal to seek District 3 Collier school board seat
Published 3/10/2014 at 7:34 p.m. 0 comments
Luis Bernal, an international development consultant in the U.S. and Latin America, has filed paperwork to run as a Collier County School Board candidate.
State law change to aid arcade businesses passes committee review
Updated 3/10/2014 at 9:41 p.m. 0 comments
The Senate Gaming Committee considered a proposal (SB 668), filed by Sen. Kelli Stargel, R-Lakeland, that would seek to clear up questions about a law approved last year that put Internet cafes out of business.
Sheila's Out Shopping: Become one with a onesie
Published 3/10/2014 at 6:30 p.m. 0 comments
Infants and kids aren't the only ones wearing onesies these days.
Exclusive: 'Witness credibility' main reason former Collier deputy received probation in sex abuse case
Published 3/10/2014 at 6:30 p.m. 0 comments
Former Collier County Sheriff's Office deputy Charles Bullock pleaded no contest Monday and will not serve any jail or prison time in connection with allegations of child sex abuse in 2010.
Miami man arrested, accused of using fraudulent credit cards at Coastland mall
Updated 3/10/2014 at 8:17 p.m. 2 comments
A 26-year-old Miami man is accused of using fraudulent credit cards to make purchases at the Coastland Center mall over the weekend.
Two days out of detox, Marco woman charged with DUI
Published 3/10/2014 at 6:04 p.m. 1 comment
A Marco Island woman was arrested two days after her release from a detox facility, accused of driving under the influence.
Injured panther kitten found in Collier treated, released back into wild
Published 3/10/2014 at 5:45 p.m. 0 comments
An injured panther kitten found last year in Collier County has been released back into the wild after surgery and 10 months of rehabilitation.
Police Beat: Monday, March 10, 2014
Published 3/10/2014 at 5:31 p.m. 0 comments
This is the police beat for Monday, March 10, 2014.
EPA hearing set for Tuesday on Estates oil, gas well
Published 3/10/2014 at 3:00 p.m. 1 comment
The Environmental Protection Agency plans a hearing Tuesday in Golden Gate at the community center on the proposed Estates well.
Naples police asking for help identifying iPhone thief
Published 3/10/2014 at 2:13 p.m. 2 comments
Naples police are asking for help identifying a woman who they say stole an iPhone last month from a Verizon store.
Planning Board calls special meeting to study Marco Island's parking problems
Published 3/10/2014 at 12:22 p.m. 0 comments
Rights of way. Alleys. Swales. People use them all over the island to meet their parking needs, and that's creating a problem. On March 28, Marco Island's Planning Board will hold a special meeting to look at where people park ...
Doctors: Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
Updated 3/10/2014 at 7:08 p.m. 10 comments
Mesac Damas, the North Naples man charged with six counts of first-degree murder in the slaughter of his family, has been found incompetent to proceed by two court-appointed doctors, a State Attorney's Office spokeswoman said Monday.
Ex-deputy Bullock pleads no contest in molestation case, will not serve jail time
Updated 3/10/2014 at 10:22 a.m. 19 comments
Former Collier County Sheriff’s Office deputy Charles Bullock pleaded no contest Monday and will not serve any jail or prison time in connection with allegations of child sex abuse in 2010.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Mar 10th 2014 Jami's clothing store set to close…
- Mar 9th 2014 Sheila's Out Shopping: Zooop onesies
- Mar 8th 2014 Getting pampered at Lollipops kids spa
- Mar 8th 2014 2014 Susan G. Komen Southwest Florida…
- Mar 8th 2014 Sea Gate Elementary teacher Kathy…
- Mar 7th 2014 Trailer fire at Pelican Bay Boulevard…
- Mar 6th 2014 PAWS assistance dog ready to help…
- Mar 4th 2014 Golden Apples awarded to Collier's…
- Mar 3rd 2014 Protesters gather for Moral Monday…
- Mar 3rd 2014 Neighborhood Health Clinic helps…
- Mar 3rd 2014 Sheila's Out Shopping: Elisa…
- Mar 2nd 2014 Swamp Buggy Races Budweiser Spring…
- Mar 10th 2014 What we're working on: March 10
- Mar 6th 2014 Bonita business owner talks about…
- Mar 6th 2014 Baby owl's nest at the Naples…
- Mar 6th 2014 Stormy weather outside NDN office
- Mar 6th 2014 March 6 story preview: What we're…
- Mar 5th 2014 Daily News Story Preview
- Feb 27th 2014 Cruise ship crimes: What you should know
- Feb 26th 2014 Editorial board meeting with Michael…
- Feb 25th 2014 Anne Frank's stepsister Eva Schloss…
- Feb 21st 2014 Raw video: Robbery at M&M Cafe in Tin…
- Feb 20th 2014 Rescued Florida Panther Kitten
- Feb 20th 2014 Lake Park students Skype with Naples…
- Ave Maria Trolley Tours Ave Maria La Piazza Town Center -- 11 A.M.
- Barrier Islands Guided Walk Bowditch Point Recreational Park -- 9:30 A.M.
- Naples Chess Club Starbucks - Napa Boulevard -- 7:15 P.M.
- Orange Jeep Tours Ave Maria La Piazza Town Center -- 8 A.M.
- Baby Boot Camp Miromar Outlets -- 9 A.M.
- Guided Kayak Trip Rookery Bay Environmental Learning Center -- 9:30 A.M.
- Mangrove Guided Walk Matanzas Pass Preserve -- 9:30 A.M.
- Jezebelle Porky's - Marco -- 8 P.M.
- Flea and Farmers Market Collier County Fairgrounds -- 7:30 A.M.
- Keep Collier Beautiful 2nd Recycled Boat Regatta Sugden Regional Park -- 9 A.M.