Florida man dies after his car crashes into moving train
Published 5/24/2013 at 11:50 a.m. 0 comments
A man is dead after his vehicle hit a Florida East Coast Railway train hit in Melbourne.
Man's body found floating in water near Marathon in Keys
Published 5/24/2013 at 11:48 a.m. 0 comments
Monroe County Sheriff's officials say the body of 70-year-old James Gogan was found floating in the water near a boat he had been working on.
Gov. Scott asked to return campaign money from insurer
Published 5/24/2013 at 9:30 a.m. 8 comments
A leading Florida Democrat is calling on Gov. Rick Scott to return $110,000 in campaign contributions from an insurer.
Florida woman meets son she gave up for adoption 35 years ago
Published 5/24/2013 at 8:28 a.m. 1 comment
A Central Florida woman has reunited with her son almost 36 years after giving him up for adoption.
Missing man's kayak washes up in Pensacola
Published 5/24/2013 at 7:39 a.m. 0 comments
Officials say a yellow kayak of a missing Pensacola man was found by a fisherman on Okaloosa Island.
Grow house slaying: 12 sentenced in South Florida
Published 5/24/2013 at 6:51 a.m. 0 comments
A dozen people have been sentenced in a South Florida grow house operation that ended after the murder of a man suspected of stealing their marijuana, federal prosecutors said Thursday.
Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charges in Florida
Published 5/24/2013 at 6:48 a.m. 0 comments
An Ohio police officer and his wife face aggravated child neglect charges after their young children were left unsupervised in a truck outside a Panama City Beach bar.
It's Your Business: HMA presents $25,000 check to Wounded Warrior Project
Published 5/24/2013 at 6:00 a.m. 1 comment
HMA gives money to Wounded Warriors Project; Dollar General awards money to local schools; head of largest water district in Florida resigns.
Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
Published 5/23/2013 at 11:40 p.m. 0 comments
Data released Thursday by the defense from slain Florida teenager Trayvon Martin's cellphone includes texts with a friend about fighting, smoking pot and being forced to move out of his mother's house because of trouble at school, as well as ...
Supreme Court to allow public defenders to quit cases due to workload
Updated 5/23/2013 at 8:11 p.m. 0 comments
Describing what it called a "damning indictment" of representation for poor criminal defendants, the Florida Supreme Court on Thursday ruled that the Miami-Dade County public defender's office could withdraw from a large chunk of felony cases because of excessive workloads.
East coast producer joins Algenol in urging Gov. Scott to support use of ethanol
Published 5/23/2013 at 6:52 p.m. 0 comments
A Treasure Coast bio-energy producer has contacted Gov. Rick Scott, urging him to oppose the repeal of a state law requiring that most gasoline sold in the state include nearly 10 percent ethanol.
Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
Published 5/23/2013 at 6:19 p.m. 1 comment
The Boy Scouts of America's National Council has voted to ease a long-standing ban and allow openly gay boys to be accepted as Scouts.
Richard Akin plans to retire as executive of medical clinic network
Published 5/23/2013 at 5:46 p.m. 0 comments
Richard Akin told the Healthcare Network's board some time ago that he wants to retire, but didn't offer a timeline. An executive search committee was formed to find his replacement.
TORNADO AFTERMATH: In twister's path but hunkered down in modern safe room
Published 5/23/2013 at 2:00 p.m. 0 comments
MOORE, Okla. — They heard the rumble of the approaching funnel cloud, the rat-tat-tat of debris being hurled against their garage door.
Oklahoma tornado: 15 unexpected struggles in Moore
Published 5/23/2013 at 1:12 p.m. 0 comments
While the worst of any natural disaster clearly comes during the disaster itself, the aftermath is often equally difficult to deal with.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- May 24th 2013 Clean up continues in Moore, Oklahoma
- May 23rd 2013 I-5 bridge collapse over Skagit River
- May 22nd 2013 Cleaning up Moore Cemetery in Moore…
- May 3rd 2013 Closing of Florida legislative session
- Apr 19th 2013 The Tsarnaev brothers
- Mar 24th 2013 Florida legislators considering…
- Mar 22nd 2013 Southwest Florida legislative delegation
- Mar 13th 2013 Florida Lt. Gov. Jennifer Carroll…
- Mar 5th 2013 Gov. Scott gives State of the State…
- Feb 23rd 2013 Daytona wreck sends race car into stands
- Dec 14th 2012 Trails for Tails prepare for relay to…
- Nov 11th 2012 Veterans Day across America 2012
- May 20th 2013 Rick Scott comments on fighting…
- May 17th 2013 Gov. Scott on unemployment numbers
- May 14th 2013 DCF fraud prevention conference
- May 13th 2013 Gov. Rick Scott visits Pelican Wire
- May 10th 2013 Gov. Rick Scott talks about new budget
- May 2nd 2013 Gov. Scott vetoes alimony bill
- May 1st 2013 Florida health care bill
- Apr 30th 2013 Rick Scott on teacher pay raises
- Apr 24th 2013 NewsMakers: Rick Scott
- Apr 23rd 2013 Florida sues BP, Halliburton
- Apr 23rd 2013 Gov. Rick Scott on teacher pay plan
- Apr 17th 2013 Gov. Rick Scott on Boston blasts