American dream is fading for many, Sen. Marco Rubio says
Published 3/10/2014 at 10:36 p.m. 0 comments
Florida Republican Sen. Marco Rubio laid out a broad plan Monday to boost prosperity in America, saying in a speech that his plans for tax and regulatory reforms would help unleash the economy and restore hope for people "losing confidence ...
State law change to aid arcade businesses passes committee review
Updated 3/10/2014 at 9:41 p.m. 0 comments
The Senate Gaming Committee considered a proposal (SB 668), filed by Sen. Kelli Stargel, R-Lakeland, that would seek to clear up questions about a law approved last year that put Internet cafes out of business.
Fla. gov. campaign calls huge donation a mistake
Updated 3/10/2014 at 9:36 p.m. 3 comments
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (AP) — There's a bit of a $500,000 mystery associated with the re-election campaign of Gov. Rick Scott.
Tampa I-275 wrong-way driver who killed himself, 4 others was drunk
Updated 3/10/2014 at 9:35 p.m. 0 comments
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — An autopsy report released Monday says a man who killed four people and himself while driving the wrong way on a Florida highway had more than...
Fla. officials release rehabilitated panther
Updated 3/10/2014 at 8:07 p.m. 0 comments
LABELLE, Fla. (AP) — Wildlife officials on Monday finally released an endangered Florida panther that was rehabilitated after a car crash.
Capital protest draws 1,000 to challenge 'stand your ground' law
Published 3/10/2014 at 8:00 p.m. 1 comment
A "'Stand Your Ground' rally in the Capitol courtyard featured parents of slain teen Jordan Davis and parents of slaying victim Trayvon Martin.
Exclusive: 'Witness credibility' main reason former Collier deputy received probation in sex abuse case
Published 3/10/2014 at 6:30 p.m. 0 comments
Former Collier County Sheriff's Office deputy Charles Bullock pleaded no contest Monday and will not serve any jail or prison time in connection with allegations of child sex abuse in 2010.
Political Notebook: Collier elections officials mailing absentee ballots
Published 3/10/2014 at 5:01 p.m. 0 comments
Southwest Florida announcements and news items from the campaign trail.
Decision delayed in loud music killing sentencing in Florida
Published 3/10/2014 at 4:43 p.m. 0 comments
A Florida man convicted of attempted murder in a confrontation over loud music will have to wait until at least Friday to see if a judge sentences him or waits until after the 47-year-old software developer's retrial on first-degree murder.
Rivera associate says not guilty in election case
Updated 3/10/2014 at 4:35 p.m. 0 comments
MIAMI (AP) — An associate of former U.S. Rep. David Rivera pleaded not guilty Monday to four campaign finance violations involving tens of thousands of dollars in alleged illegal contributions...
Mom blames husband after driving kids into ocean off Florida
Published 3/10/2014 at 4:07 p.m. 0 comments
A new police report says the first thing a pregnant South Carolina woman said after driving a minivan carrying her three young children into the ocean surf off Florida was that she was abused by her husband.
EPA hearing set for Tuesday on Estates oil, gas well
Published 3/10/2014 at 3:00 p.m. 1 comment
The Environmental Protection Agency plans a hearing Tuesday in Golden Gate at the community center on the proposed Estates well.
SW Fla. man found incompetent to stand trial
Published 3/10/2014 at 1:07 p.m. 0 comments
NAPLES, Fla. (AP) — A Southwest Florida man charged with six counts of first-degree murder in the slaughter of his family has been found incompetent to proceed.
Woman dies after driving into pond
Published 3/10/2014 at 12:07 p.m. 0 comments
ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. (AP) — A woman is dead after driving into a retention pond in St. Petersburg after losing control of her minivan.
Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
Updated 3/10/2014 at 11:35 a.m. 1 comment
OCALA, Fla. (AP) — A 15-year-old boy is accused of slitting the throat of his girlfriend's mother after planning the attack with her 13-year-old daughter.
- Newer Stories
- Older Stories
- Mar 10th 2014 Al Sharpton leads march over 'stand…
- Mar 9th 2014 Skydiver, pilot treated after midair…
- Mar 4th 2014 Justin Bieber arrest photos
- Mar 4th 2014 Gov. Scott gives 'State of the State…
- Mar 3rd 2014 Protesters gather for Moral Monday…
- Feb 16th 2014 Michael Dunn verdict in Florida 'thug…
- Feb 13th 2014 Tram tours offer unique way to…
- Feb 11th 2014 Shirley Temple dies at 85
- Jan 23rd 2014 Twenty-five dead pilot whales…
- Jan 23rd 2014 Tampa Bay Buccaneers logos
- Jan 23rd 2014 Justin Bieber arrested in Miami Beach
- Jan 21st 2014 6 gay couples sue to overturn Florida…
- Feb 26th 2014 Editorial board meeting with Michael…
- Feb 20th 2014 Rescued Florida Panther Kitten
- Feb 20th 2014 Lake Park students Skype with Naples…
- Jan 24th 2014 Raw video via CBS4 News: Video of…
- Dec 13th 2013 Bentley Village flash mob
- Nov 12th 2013 Gov. Rick Scott on his $500M tax cut…
- Oct 10th 2013 Gov. Rick Scott on flood insurance
- Oct 6th 2013 Risky Business
- Sep 20th 2013 Georgia Hiller gets dunked
- Sep 12th 2013 Truck catches fire outside Naples YMCA
- Sep 9th 2013 Gov. Rick Scott's tax cut tour
- Sep 6th 2013 Diana Nyad begins her final Cuba swim